[vc_row type=”full_width_content” bg_position=”left top” bg_repeat=”no-repeat” scene_position=”center” text_color=”dark” text_align=”left” class=”priorityTools”][vc_column width=”1/4″ animation=”none” column_padding=”padding-2-percent” background_color_opacity=”1″ el_class=”priorityInfo”][vc_column_text]
Why Is This a Priority?
Residents said the environment, specifically clean water with fewer pollutants, is important to ensure the health of residents and the environment. Reducing impervious surfaces, stormwater runoff, and pollutants will help to improve water quality throughout the CONNECT region.[/vc_column_text][divider line_type=”No Line” custom_height=”20″][fancy-ul icon_type=”font_icon” icon=”icon-ok” color=”Extra-Color-3″]
How Do We Get There?
- Reduce and efficiently use water in the region’s energy production.
- Utilize green infrastructure and other stormwater management best practices to reduce runoff.
- Preserve environmentally sensitive land in key watershedsBourne.
- Extend stream corridors and buffers.
- Maintain and update existing infrastructure.
What Can Residents Do?
- Conserve water - turn off the faucet, take shorter showers, and limit usage when watering your yard!
- Plant a rain garden, use rain barrels to collect water, or plant a tree at home, your school, or your office.
- Support public protection environmentally sensitive land and waterways.