[vc_row type=”full_width_content” bg_position=”left top” bg_repeat=”no-repeat” scene_position=”center” text_color=”dark” text_align=”left” class=”priorityTools”][vc_column width=”1/4″ animation=”none” column_padding=”padding-2-percent” background_color_opacity=”1″ el_class=”priorityInfo”][vc_column_text]
Why Is This a Priority?
Residents said that controlling government spending, including the cost of providing public services, is important to improve efficiency and increase public trust. Maximizing revenue generated from development and utilizing data to make educated decisions about public investment will ensure that communities in the CONNECT region continue to provide needed services.[/vc_column_text][divider line_type=”No Line” custom_height=”20″][fancy-ul icon_type=”font_icon” icon=”icon-ok” color=”Extra-Color-3″]
How Do We Get There?
- Utilize Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and available data to make informed decisions about where to locate new services.
- Reference the Preferred Growth Concept when making decisions about major public investments (transportation, water and sewer, etc.)
- Identify and resolve barriers to constructing new housing consistent with a community’s needs.
What Can Residents Do?
- Keep local officials accountable
- Share information about your community using opensource GIS platforms and mobile apps (LocalData, OpenStreetMap, etc.)