[vc_row type=”full_width_content” bg_position=”left top” bg_repeat=”no-repeat” scene_position=”center” text_color=”dark” text_align=”left” class=”priorityTools”][vc_column width=”1/4″ animation=”none” column_padding=”padding-2-percent” background_color_opacity=”1″ el_class=”priorityInfo”][vc_column_text]
Why Is This a Priority?
Residents said that the ability to work closer to home is important, and more likely to occur when a large mix of jobs are located near diverse housing options. By supporting local business growth and workforce training, and looking for opportunities to locate housing in mixed-use and employment areas, our communities can increase the number of jobs located within a convenient distance of housing.[/vc_column_text][divider line_type=”No Line” custom_height=”20″][fancy-ul icon_type=”font_icon” icon=”icon-ok” color=”Extra-Color-3″]
How Do We Get There?
- Support regional alignment of business development and recruitment.
- Expand education and training in the region’s target sectors.
- Promote redevelopment and revitalization through infill.
- Educate officials, planners, and professionals about education and workforce implications for economic development.
- Align land use with economic development planning to support community goals and priorities.
- Identify and resolve barriers to constructing new housing consistent with a community’s needs.
What Can Residents Do?
- Use local businesses and services - Shop Local!
- Use Career Headlight and other local job resources to find positions in your area
- Talk to your employer about telecommuting or flexible work schedules