[vc_row type=”full_width_content” bg_position=”left top” bg_repeat=”no-repeat” scene_position=”center” text_color=”dark” text_align=”left” class=”priorityTools”][vc_column width=”1/4″ animation=”none” column_padding=”padding-2-percent” background_color_opacity=”1″ el_class=”priorityInfo”][vc_column_text]
Why Is This a Priority?
Residents said preserving farmland and local farms is important to protect the beauty of the region and create jobs. Ensuring the economic stability and long-term viability of local farms will assure that rural areas throughout the CONNECT region continue contributing.[/vc_column_text][divider line_type=”No Line” custom_height=”20″][fancy-ul icon_type=”font_icon” icon=”icon-ok” color=”Extra-Color-3″]
How Do We Get There?
- Bring food issues to the forefront of local government.
- Support farmers and local food production.
- Connect residents to their food systems.
- Address equity and access to food.
- Foster communication and collaboration among diverse stakeholders to improve food access and distribution.
- Conduct Additional Research to identify how residents define “local” and determine the messages and values that resonate.
What Can Residents Do?
- Shop at stores that stock locally sourced foods
- Visit your local farmer’s market
- Support legislation that promotes local farms and food production