[vc_row type=”full_width_content” bg_position=”left top” bg_repeat=”no-repeat” scene_position=”center” text_color=”dark” text_align=”left” class=”priorityTools”][vc_column width=”1/4″ animation=”none” column_padding=”padding-2-percent” background_color_opacity=”1″ el_class=”priorityInfo”][vc_column_text]
Why Is This a Priority?
Residents said that cities and towns are important to quality of life, health, and the local economy. Encouraging and directing growth, including redevelopment and infill, inside existing communities instead of outside of them will ensure that vibrant downtowns and town centers will continue to thrive in the CONNECT region.Calgary[/vc_column_text][divider line_type=”No Line” custom_height=”20″][fancy-ul icon_type=”font_icon” icon=”icon-ok” color=”Extra-Color-3″]
How Do We Get There?
- Work with municipalities to monitor implementation of the Regional Growth Framework.
- Create an annual report to track regional progress.
- Use CommunityViz to model and compare the community plans scenario to the Preferred Growth Concept.
- Research approaches to qualitative data indicators.
- Incorporate health impact analysis and include local and regional health officials in the planning process.
- Increase local health data monitoring, especially at risk groups.
- Improve cultural competency in health programs.
What Can Residents Do?
- Use local businesses and services - Shop Local!
- Get involved in a local active living program or start one at your school or workplace
- Support events, activities, and festivals in your city or townMonster Obstacle Course used